Architect William Waters found many commercial building design opportunities in Neenah, one such structure was a business block for contractor George Danielson. The preliminary announcement of Mr. Danielson's intention to build was an article in the Oshkosh Daily Northwestern of August 8, 1892 which stated that William Waters would draw the plans for the new block. In November of 1892 the Neenah Times reported that Charles Paul, a grocer and dry goods purveyor would soon occupy the new store. The building was described as being built of St. Louis Red Pressed brick and cut stone, large and commodious, finished inside in fine style. The edifice was said to have cost $8,000, a great improvement to Wisconsin Avenue. The second floor was finished as a residence for Mr. William T. Ward, proprietor of the Russel House sample rooms, the bar in Neenah's largest hotel,
The building was representative of architect Waters' work for that time. The use of red pressed brick and limestone for lentils and trim were favored by Mr. Waters. The building features a design element found on several other of his hand; at the top of the front elevation on either side of a gabled pediment the brick work had square indentations in even rows, a motif found on the Athearn Hotel and several bank buildings. Mr. Danielson was a contractor and builder and doubtless built the structure which might account for the speed with which it was completed. The building added to the grace and dignity of the business district.